It is that time of the week again where I fill you in on updates from my two projects. The first is my Jane Austen quilt and the second is the little crazy patch block that I am using as a demonstration of some of the stitches we are learning along the way.
The above blocks are just some of the blocks from my Jane Austen quilt. There are 20 blocks in all and at the moment I am focusing on adding the first narrow border to the embroidered blocks. I haven't actually received my chosen fabrics for the rest of the quilt yet. They are in the process of being ordered from the U.S. I have had a great deal of trouble finding the fabrics I want to use here in Australia. I want to try and keep this quilt as much in context with the era of Jane Austen novels. I have tried to pick fabrics that are similar to the dress fabrics of the day.
In the above Crazy Patch block, I have now added a little row of chain stitch in a dusty mid blue colour and also some little bullion stitches in a bright blue. As we go along, I shall be adding more and more stitches to this little block.