Well, today is usually the day I bring you a new embroidery stitch. I have decided though to bring you the Jane Austen update instead.
I am finally piecing together the complete blocks, but one at a time. I have discovered that this is going to be one almighty headache. It is taking me about one hour to piece each block and so far I have only finished two. The problem being that the very small black diamonds do not always end up exactly where I want them to be. Insert very sad face here..... I end up having to baste them into place after sewing each to a main fabric strip. Then I check them by sewing them down in place in thirds. So, therefore I am envisaging 20 hours of sewing time just to get all the individual blocks together, let alone the rest of the quilt being sewn together after that. Oh well...they say great things take time, so I am hoping this quilt will be one of those.
I know others in my quilting group who have also tackled this quilt and found the same problem. Trial and error, trial and error. But I will not be deterred and I will plug along regardless.
Oh you can so tell I am not a professional blogger or photographer, hahahahahaha...but that kind of makes it fun for me....